Hanging posters the cheap and easy way

By MAKEunder - February 03, 2018


I designed this map of Vancouver for our new apartment to add a touch of 'home,' but wasn't sure how to put it on the wall. Just using thumb tacks seemed, well, tacky.
Having just spent $35 ordering it in the largest size available from Vistaprint it seemed stupid to spend just as much, if not more, on a frame.
I liked the idea of it looking a bit like a school map, so I figured there had to be a cheap way to accomplish the aesthetic.
So off to Lowe's I went!
I grabbed two 8 foot furring strips for $1.19 each. (We had a second poster printed for my husband, but it's something sciencey and complicated, so I shan't bore you with it.)
Then I had the nice guy in the lumber department cut each of them into three pieces- two about 37" long, and one is just the leftover.


I used a good ol' fashioned stapler (I bought the wrong size staples for my staple gun, so I had to make do) to attach the furring strips to the front of my poster at the top and bottom.


Then I cut a piece of string the same length as the wood (keep in mind that it will stretch) and tied a few knots at the end, stretched it as taught as I could, and stapled it on as well. 

A couple of nails later and I have a cute poster that is more grown up than the Spice Girls one I had behind my bedroom door as a child, and the hanging mechanism cost me less than $2!

I'll definitely be repeating this one in the future. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I have been browsing on-line more than three hours nowadays, yet I never found any fascinating article like yours. It’s pretty price enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content material as you probably did, the web will probably be much more useful than ever before.food deals melbourne

    ReplyDelete