Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Rolls

By MAKEunder - March 12, 2018


If I'm honest, this recipe came about because someone (me) bought way too much yogurt last week. I was so sure we were going to devour it, but then Bubba decided that this week he doesn't like yogurt. Go figure.
So I had a tub that needed eating, and that wasn't going to happen in its current form.
So I decided to turn it into Bubba's favourite food (for now...) instead!

Recipe:
1 cup Greek yogurt (plain, vanilla, or honey)
1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
2 1/2 tspn Baking Powder
1/2 tspn salt
2 tpsn Melted butter
2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
3/4 Granulated sugar (or sugar substitute- I used Splenda)

Combine Greek yogurt, flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl to form a dough (I used the dough setting on my old school Osterizer, you could use a stand mixer).
Roll dough out on a floured surface into a rectangle that is about 1' square.
Brush the dough with about half of your melted butter.
Using a sifter sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over.
Roll the dough up into a spiral and squeeze the dough into about a 1.5' log.
Cut into 2 inch pieces.
Brush a 9x9 pan with butter and place your rolls into it. Brush the tops with butter.
Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes and then dig in! I smeared mine with creamed honey, but you could use a simple icing or cream cheese frosting.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I truly wanted to send a message so as to thank you for those lovely guides you are giving at this site. My rather long internet search has finally been compensated with brilliant insight to talk about with my family. I 'd assume that most of us visitors are undoubtedly lucky to live in a fabulous place with so many outstanding individuals with great plans. I feel pretty blessed to have used the webpage and look forward to tons of more exciting times reading here. Thanks a lot once again for everything.
    coastal decor wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with all the ideas you've presented in your post. They're really convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for novices. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.discount deals australia

    ReplyDelete